11Sight now works on Microsoft Edge! We have been waiting for video communication channel support by Microsoft Edge for some time. In the first days of 2020, Microsoft announced the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge with full video communication channel compatibility. By the launch of MacOS, iOS, Windows and Android versions, Microsoft Edge has become fully compatible with functional video calls. 11Sight provides video call experience far beyond your expectations with its technology that provides seamless transition across platforms. Give us a one-click call to try and get a quote right now for free!
The new Microsoft Edge browser is built using Google’s Chromium open source code base to the stable channel. The new Edge is available for all supported Windows versions (Windows 7 and later) as well as MacOS.
This is how Microsoft announces its best browser so far:
“The new Microsoft Edge is based on Chromium and was released on January 15, 2020. It is compatible with all supported versions of Windows, and MacOS. Downloading the browser will replace the legacy version of Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 PCs. With speed, performance, best in class compatibility for websites and extensions, and built-in privacy and security features, it’s the only browser you’ll ever need.”
Microsoft’s web platforms have always been a matter of discussion. Because Google Chrome or Apple’s Safari have always been faster and more customer centric. The results in terms of browser usage are dire. According to the most recent stats from the U.S. Government’s Digital Analytics Program, less than 16% of traffic from Windows 10 PCs comes through Microsoft Edge, and even Internet Explorer has a higher share of usage. That’s down significantly from the 20% share Edge had on Windows 10 PCs in 2017. Meanwhile, Chrome’s usage share on Windows 10 is above 60%. (ZDNet)
This is the third reboot for Microsoft’s web platform in less than a decade. Normally, that’s a sign of an organization that’s failing rather than one that’s confidently moving forward. But the expectations and perceptions are changing together with the digitalizing World. The new Microsoft Edge seems to have all the favorite specifications of all browsers combined.
If all goes well for Microsoft, you can visit any website using the new Edge, on a Mac or on a PC running any supported version of Windows, and that site will render in Edge exactly as it would in Chrome.
New Microsoft Edge has combined the best features of the most popular browsers. Here are the Best 9 Features of the New Microsoft Edge You’ll Love:
BESTS OF THE NEW MICROSOFT EDGE
- WebRTC support
- Now you can use 11Sight’s functional video calls on Microsoft Edge too.
- Sync browser data between devices
- Never lose what you’re doing when you change your device. Save it on your PC, read on your mobile phone.
- Add user profiles
- Every user has a different taste. Don’t mix them up.
- Block trackers and third-party ads
- Trackers and third-party ads can become a nightmare for most users because they are too insistent. Block them with the built-in extension.
- Install Chrome Web Store Extensions
- You can install your favorite tools from Chrome Web Store.
- Customize the new tab page
- Choose what you want to see when you first open your browser.
- Set search engine
- Not into Google, not “feeling lucky” today? Change your default search engine to use your favorite.
- Block notifications
- No more unnecessary notifications from a celebrity that you don’t care. Block them.
- Manage passwords
- 12345 is not working anymore. It’s hard to remember these new generation passwords. If you can’t, let a professional do it for you. Keep them in one place to remember when you need.
- Setup download locations
- The “downloads” file is becoming like a trash every day. Send the files on your desired location and put them in their places.